Monday 1 September 2014

JACK - 3 year old male Croatian Shepherd cross - on death row in Croatia

Hi, I am Jack




I am a 3 years old Croatian Sheppard mix rescued from the floods in Croatia this spring. I have spent all of my life chained up. I was supposed to be a guard dog for my owners house, well, at least he expected me to be one. My biggest flaw was that I was too friendly and I couldn't be a mean, vicious guard dog. I ended up chained to a pole with a small impovised roof over my head. I was fed once a day and I had access to water every once in a while. 

I can say that the floods was the best thing happened to me in my life, even dough I barely survived. I had spent 3 days and 2 nights on a roof of a barn. I was starving, severely dehydrated, almost gone when somebody pulled me out of a certain death. That was indeed the best day of my life. For the first time in my life I had food, water, lots of people giving me petting and attention that I have been craving all of my life. 

My owner gave me up, I was only a thing to him, expense. Every day I wiggle my tail in my box, trying to impress somebody, anybody who can give me the love for the rest of my life. 


I have been cat tested and am okay with cats. I also get on well with other dogs, children and adults. I promise I'll be a good companion for a lifetime. Can you give me a chance? Only a corner of your heart and a place to call my own?




DEFRA compliant for travel
Vaccinated: yes
Neutered: yes
Treated for fleas and worms: yes
Microchipped: yes
EU passport: yes
Age: 3 years
Located: Beli Manistir pound